Reflecting on Palliative Care Week 2023's theme 'Matters of Life and Death', Meaningful Ageing Australia and Anchor Excellence proudly present this webinar highlighting the importance of talking about death and dying so consumers can make informed decisions and choices about their care and end-of-life wishes. Our intention is to honour and recognise the remarkable individuals like yourself who consistently deliver high-quality palliative and end-of-life care and those who greatly benefit from this essential support.
Whether you work in residential care, retirement living or home care, gaining essential knowledge on providing quality end-of-life care is crucial. Join our complimentary education session to learn about palliative care and how to support consumers' end-of-life wishes.
With 36% of Australians dying in residential aged care services and an increasing preference for home-based care, staff in all sectors must be properly trained in palliative care. As the aged care sector responds to the findings from the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety, understanding the role of the Aged Care Quality Standards (ACQS) in promoting spiritual care and expression for all consumers is key.
In this complimentary session, you will learn:
- Your role in palliative care in aged care
- What spiritual care means in a palliative care context
- The importance of individual assessments in spiritual care planning
- The importance of cultural and spiritual care, lived experience
- How Meaningful Ageing Australia and Anchor Excellence support aged care providers to embrace spiritual care and embed it into everyday practice
Enquire about this resource on Anchor Excellence