This course is part of the resources developed for the #ReadyToListen project. The #ReadyToListen project aims to build the skills and capacity of residential aged care service providers to better respond to and prevent sexual assault in residential aged care.
The course is structured as a facilitator guide. It is recommended that facilitators complete the whole course before delivering it to others to ensure familiarity with the #ReadyToListen Guidelines and resources that underpin the course.
It is designed for:
- Aged care educators
- Clinical governance or quality, risk and compliance managers
- wanting to conduct workshops or seminars in their residential aged care workplace.
The sessions can be tailored for all levels of staff including board members, executives, front-line workers, team leaders and volunteers.
It includes guidance, practical strategies and learning activities covering:
- Sexual rights and responsibilities in residential aged care
- How to support and ensure immediate safety for victims/survivors who disclose sexual assault
- Practical strategies for communicating about sexual assault in ways that are ethically responsible
- How to develop and implement a sexual assault policy or guidelines and audits to identify gaps and make improvements.
Enquire about this resource on Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)