Medication errors are highly detrimental to patient outcomes, reputation and staff confidence. There is an unquestionable need for education on medication safety. Topics include:
- How to avoid medicine interactions,
- Basic review of pharmacology principles, including pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics,
- Deprescribing and prevention of medication errors,
- Updates on common medicines such as antidpressants, antipsychotics and benzodiazapines,
- Understanding the impact of medicines on older adults and much, much more.