This Course will address the clinical significance and management of preeclampsia and its complications. A real-life case study will also be presented to reinforce the information presented in this activity.
- What can go wrong in pregnancy?
- Overview of preeclampsia, eclampsia and HELLP syndrome
- Treatment options
- Management and mode of delivery
- State the features of preeclampsia, eclampsia and HELLP
- Explain both the prophylactic and curative treatment of preeclampsia
- Identify the particular risk factors for preeclampsia
- List the complications of preeclampsia and differential diagnosis
Graeme Dennerstein Visit
Dr Dennerstein is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with medical expertise in the health of the vulva and vagina. He is the former Head of the Dermo-gynaecology Clinic at The Mercy Hospital for Women and co-author of the book entitled: The Vulva and Vagina Manual. He has lectured extensively on this topic, both internationally and nationally. Graeme has extensive experience in family planning and reproductive health. In 1971 he established the Family Planning and Infertility Clinic at the Western General Hospital in Melbourne, serving as its director until 1986. From 1980 to 1989 he was the Honorary Secretary for the Medical Advisory Committee of the Family Planning Association of Victoria. He is a member of the Sexual Health Society of Victoria Inc. and is widely published. He has, for example, produced several papers on the use of Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate (DMPA).